Go Green @ Ascott
Our world has sustained life in such a unique cycle of self-renewal for so long, that we often take it for granted.
But our planet is under severe threat – with resources being depleted faster than they can be replenished, the earth is suffering the ravages of imprudent use and abuse. The only way such destruction can be reversed, is if the human race is able to transform its economic practices to cultivate a green mindset.
Did you know:
- that for every ton of paper recycled, 7,000 gallons of water, 380 gallons of oil, and electricity to power an average house for six months is saved?
- that the energy saved from one recycled aluminium can can operate a television set for three hours?
- that the energy saved from recycling one glass bottle could light a 100-watt bulb for four hours?
- that recycling a glass bottle causes 20% less air pollution, and 50% less water pollution than when a new one is made from scratch?
- that recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than it if were made from raw materials?
The hospitality industry is among the industries that create a significant environmental footprint. At Ascott, we believe we have to act responsibly. As the leading international serviced residence owner-operator, we are uniquely positioned to play an active role in transforming business practices and employee mindsets towards more eco-friendly habits. As a company, we see a responsibility to help set an example for our staff and the industry to make Earth a better home for all. This translates to our Green vision of being ‘the leading Green serviced residence company’.
Going Green presents new opportunities for us to work with other eco-minded associates and clients who would otherwise not have crossed our paths – let’s show our concern for the Earth, by Defining Global Green Living.